REMEMBER THE TESTIMONIES (Psalm 77)

Psalm 77:11
I will remember the works of the LORD: surely I will remember thy wonders of old.

Almost all believers would have at one time or the other felt what the Psalmist was referring to in Psalm 77:

Psalms 77:1-4
I cry out to God; yes, I shout. Oh, that God would listen to me!
When I was in deep trouble, I searched for the Lord.
All night long I prayed, with hands lifted toward heaven, but my soul was not comforted.
I think of God, and I moan, overwhelmed with longing for his help.Interlude
You don’t let me sleep. I am too distressed even to pray!

Where is the grace, where is the open heavens? Why are things not working for me, has the Lord turned His face away? Why are my enemies having a filled day?

Psalms 77:7-10
Has the Lord rejected me forever?  Will he never again be kind to me?
Is his unfailing love gone forever? Have his promises permanently failed?
Has God forgotten to be gracious?
Has he slammed the door on his compassion?Interlude
And I said, “This is my fate; the Most High has turned his hand against me.”

This should never be the disposition of any believer, that is why preachers must be careful what they preach, teachers what they teach and ministers what they prophesy, for what God has not promised, do not make it law.

We must learn to remember the testimonies!

Psalms 77:11-15
But then I recall all you have done, O lord; I remember your wonderful deeds of long ago.
They are constantly in my thoughts. I cannot stop thinking about your mighty works.
O God, your ways are holy. Is there any god as mighty as you?
You are the God of great wonders!
You demonstrate your awesome power among the nations.
By your strong arm, you redeemed your people, the descendants of Jacob and Joseph.

We cannot err like most of the people of Israel who left Israel did:

They saw the red sea part for them to walk through dry land, the strongest army in the world with great chariots who were after them perished in the same sea. Yet they were quick to complain because of another small challenge.

We wonder at their lack of faith and unfaithfulness, do we do the same?

Where were you 30 years, 20 years, 10 years ago or even 5 years ago. Can't you see how gracious the Lord has been to you? Why think He will leave you now?

Remember the testimonies.

Joshua and Caleb remembered the testimonies, their faith was strengthened thus they were the only two from the lot who entered the promise land.

Psalms 77:16-20
When the Red Sea saw you, O God, its waters looked and trembled! The sea quaked to its very depths.
The clouds poured down rain; the thunder rumbled in the sky.
Your arrows of lightning flashed.
Your thunder roared from the whirlwind; the lightning lit up the world!
The earth trembled and shook.
Your road led through the sea, your pathway through the mighty waters— a pathway no one knew was there!
You led your people along that road like a flock of sheep, with Moses and Aaron as their shepherds.

There is chorus we sing that has these lyrics
"when I remember,..., I shout Halleluyah"

Revelation 12:11a
And they have defeated him by the blood of the Lamb and by their testimony.

Glory to God, we will remember the testimonies. The greatest is the sacrifice of the Son!

Romans 8:32
He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

Let us be careful, while not allowing mediocrity, we yet understand and live in contentment. For:

1 Timothy 6:6
 But godliness with contentment is great gain.

We testify of God's goodness today, we give Him all the Glory.

He calls us blessed.

Love
@the watcher.

Comments

  1. The love that God had been showing will always strengthen us that He will never fail us in the time of trouble.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES