HE FIGHTS FOR THE INNOCENT (Psalm 59)

1 Peter 4:14-16
If you are insulted because you bear the name of Christ, you will be blessed, for the glorious Spirit of God rests upon you.
If you suffer, however, it must not be for murder, stealing, making trouble, or prying into other people’s affairs.
But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by his name!

In Psalm 59 David insists that he did not offend those attacking him.

Psalms 59:3-4
They have set an ambush for me. Fierce enemies are out there waiting, lord, though I have not sinned or offended them. I have done nothing wrong, yet they prepare to attack me. Wake up! See what is happening and help me!

That is the evil in the world, for some take pleasure in hurting others, they just want to take advantage to cause harm to another literally, emotionally or otherwise. It could be envy, hate, they may feel threatened or just to proof their relevance or authority.

In all they do not go unpunished. We see David here saying that he does not wish their death, but that they may live in their pain and see God's glory in his life:

Psalms 59:11
Don’t kill them, for my people soon forget such lessons; stagger them with your power, and bring them to their knees, O Lord our shield.

We who are the righteous must keep our hands clean and live in obedience.

2 Corinthians 10:6
And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

Whenever we speak of the work of the wicked, we must also check and be sure we do not walk in that path. Do you cause others pain. Do they petition the Lord because of you? Are you a good ambassador of Christ?

For when we point a finger the other four points back to us.

In all David never forgets His praise. Let's learn from Him.

Psalms 59:16-17
But as for me, I will sing about your power. Each morning I will sing with joy about your unfailing love. For you have been my refuge, a place of safety when I am in distress.
O my Strength, to you I sing praises, for you, O God, are my refuge, the God who shows me unfailing love.

Glory to God, we are the innocent. Our hands are clean. We do not stain the cleansing, for the blood of the Messiah has washed us. All that fight us, shall in pain watch us as the Lord sets His great table before us. Halleluyah (Psalm 23 :5a)

He calls us blessed.

Love
@the watcher

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES