WHERE IS YOUR GOD?(Psalm 42)

 Psalm 42:1
As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.

Have you been asked that question? Most times a mockery of your faith. When people see you going through challenges. It could come from anyone. Job's wife asked him to curse God and die!

I remember my dad narrating to us an attitude of a briton he worked with. For anything that looked like a challenge to my dad then at work, the briton would say, "see, your God has failed you".

David faced this kind of mockery, within his family, from the king, from Goliath and other adversaries, yet he did not let them weigh him down. His heart still longed after his God like the deer for water.

The sons of Korah must have experienced such testimony or have learnt from David, for they knew to turn to God.

Why would he not be called a man after God's heart?

Can we be called a people after God's heart? Or has something else taken God's place in our lives?

Psalm 42:8
[Yet] the LORD will command his lovingkindness in the daytime, and in the night his song [shall be] with me, [and] my prayer unto the God of my life.

Is it that we will never fell alone, that it never seemed as if God was not there? No:

Psalm 42:9
 I will say unto God my rock, Why hast thou forgotten me? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?

It is human, however:

2 Corinthians 5:7
(For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

Thus the Psalms teaches us the right attitude:

Psalm 42:11
Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, [who is] the health of my countenance, and my God.

Psalm 56:11
In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me.

1John 4:4
 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

God is not far away, He is with us, for we carry His Spirit. Halleluyah.

Jude 1:25
To the only wise God our Saviour, [be] glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

He calls us blessed.

Love
@the watcher

Comments

  1. May continue to strengthen our trust in Him all the time, by making us to see the manifestation of His shining glory in our lives

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES