WE HOPE IN THE LORD(Psalm 31)

Psalm 31:24
 Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.

It has been like that from the fall of man, that the wicked envies and seeks the downfall of the righteous. From the hatred or envy that caused Cain to strike Abel to death, to Joseph's brothers seeking his death. What of the seeking of Saul to kill David? Then Daniel's colleagues in Babylon seeking to find fault in him that he would be executed. The examples abound in scriptures, and it has continued even till today.

No wonder the Messiah taught us:

Matthew 10:16
 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

For the worst and most painful is betrayal from those who we call family or friends.

David in Psalm 31, cried out for God's help to keep him from enemies. He understood that his trust was in the Lord.

Psalm 31:13-14
For I have heard the slander of many: fear [was] on every side: while they took counsel together against me, they devised to take away my life.
 But I trusted in thee, O LORD: I said, Thou [art] my God.

Have you ever overheard of plots against you, of agreement to bring you down. David experienced this, news came to him of plots against him. Many had even deserted him. However he was bold to trust in the Lord. God is faithful.

Thus he could testify:

Psalm 31:19-21
[Oh] how great [is] thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; [which] thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men!
Thou shalt hide them in the secret of thy presence from the pride of man: thou shalt keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues.
Blessed [be] the LORD: for he hath shewed me his marvellous kindness in a strong city.

For at times like that, you could be distracted, to feel that God is not in the picture, that you are abandoned, but No, He is there.

Psalm 31:22
For I said in my haste, I am cut off from before thine eyes: nevertheless thou heardest the voice of my supplications when I cried unto thee.

Hebrews 13:5-6
[Let your] conversation [be] without covetousness; [and be] content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
So that we may boldly say, The Lord [is] my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

Glory to God, we hope in the Lord, we will never be ashamed.

All glory to you Heavenly Father, Lord we are confident in you. No weapon against us shall prosper neither will their evil utterance have any effect. Glory to you Lord, we bless your Holy name.

He calls us blessed.

Love
@the watcher.

Comments

  1. Let the saints put there trust in the Lord, knowing fully that whoever put his/her trust in the Lord is like mount Zion who cannot be moved.......Ps 125

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES