HE CARES ABOUT US, HE TAKES OUR PRAYERS SERIOUSLY (Psalm 56)

Psalm 56:4
In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.

Romans 8:31
What shall we then say to these things? If God [be] for us, who [can be] against us?

David had to run to Gath, a city of the Philistines to escape Saul's pursuit. We remember that Goliath, that he slew was from this city.

1 Samuel 27:1
And David said in his heart, I shall now perish one day by the hand of Saul: [there is] nothing better for me than that I should speedily escape into the land of the Philistines; and Saul shall despair of me, to seek me any more in any coast of Israel: so shall I escape out of his hand.

Imagine running from your people, cause your king wants to kill you into an enemy's nation, such stress, such exhaustion.

Yet David knew that His trust was in the Lord. He was a man, yes he could be afraid. However he put his trust in the Lord, he stayed in prayer.

Psalm 56:3
What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.

Psalm 56:8-9
 Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: [are they] not in thy book?
When I cry [unto thee], then shall mine enemies turn back: this I know; for God [is] for me.

Do we notice that David understand how important our prayers are to God? He knew God took record of them and that none of our tears as believers is wasted He stores them in His bottles.

Psalms 56:8(NLT)
You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book.

See John's revelations:

Revelation 5:8
And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four [and] twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

Halleluyah

Yes in all, David did not forget to praise!

Psalms 56:10
I praise God for what he has promised; yes, I praise the lord for what he has promised.

What good example for us who believe.

In all, we know that after this earthly journey God will wipe away every tear from our eyes.  Yet still while we are in this life we have the comfort of His Holy Spirit. He dwells in us. Glory to God.

John 14:18
I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Revelation 21:4
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Yes we have a greater glory, we have experienced what our elders' of old only envisioned. Can we do better than they did? Can we claim a better testimony. They trusted God in the midst of stern situations, what is our own testimony.

The Lord will never fail us, we must lean on Him for just as David prophesied:

Psalm 56:13
For thou hast delivered my soul from death: [wilt] not [thou deliver] my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of the living?

Compare:

Colossians 1:13
Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated [us] into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Romans 8:32
He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

Glory to God. We have victory.

He calls us blessed.

Love
@the watcher.

Comments

  1. May God always makes it comfortable for us to put our trust in Him. May He keep us against any form of temptation that can lead us to deny Him

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES