The Suffering of Christ (Psalm 22)

Matthew 27:46
And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? (see Psalm 22:1)

The Son only knew to live with the Father, He came from the Father's bosom and every of His walk was with the Father:

John 8:29
And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

However for our sake He had to bear the unbearable, a seeming separation from the Father, however not as if the Father left Him but He turned His face away from Him as He bore our sins (He that had no sin)

2 Corinthians 5:21
For he hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Yes, it was a Psalm of David, however he was not literally lamenting what he went through, he was unconsciously standing in the place of a prophet, prophesying the travails of the Messiah on the cross. Yes the Messiah was to come through his lineage "son of David".

Psalm 22:6-8
 But I [am] a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people.
All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, [saying],
He trusted on the LORD [that] he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him.

They told Christ same when He was on the cross:

Matthew 27:43
He trusted in God; let him deliver him now, if he will have him: for he said, I am the Son of God.

Have you heard the same too from people who know you as a believer? They look for opportunities to mock and directly or indirectly ask you "where is your God?" - it is not strange, Christ was asked the same question.

So many prophesies about Christ in Psalm 22:

Psalm 22:15
My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death. (deep thirst)

John 19:28
 After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst.

They pierced His hands and feet:

Psalm 22:16
For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.

Luke 24:40
And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them [his] hands and [his] feet.

And more revelations:

Psalm 22:14&17
I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.
 I may tell all my bones: they look [and] stare upon me.

John 19:34&36
But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.
 For these things were done, that the scripture should be fulfilled, A bone of him shall not be broken.

In all, the testimony stands today, we being beneficiaries and witness to this great sacrifice.

Psalm 22:30-31
A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.
 They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done [this].

With all these revelations by David, yet many of the learned and teachers of the law of old did not believe.

Even now many who ought to know better yet do not believe.

However, Glory to God we believe, thus we enjoy the benefits from His suffering. Halleluyah.

God is glorify and we are edified. He triumphed, we triumph too. Above all, where He is, there we will be also. Glory to God.

Thank you Heavenly Father, thank you great Messiah for paying the price for us, we will not take it for granted, we will tell the world world and bring many more to you. We give you all the glory, honour and praise.

We love you Lord.

He calls us blessed.

Love
@the watcher.

Comments

  1. It is wonderful to be a Christian. His sacrifice for us makes us who we are. In time and in eternity, we are His. He has secured for us a mansion in heaven and we should look farward to being there. This should make us to have eternity in view always. Halleluya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May God who owns our thinking, doings and all in all always make us to realise the importance of Jesus Christ for good and do all that are good in His sight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Song: blessed assurance, Jesus is mine, I in my Saviour I am happy and blessed...
    ....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES