LED BY THE LORD (Psalm 16)

Psalms 16:7
I will bless the lord who guides me; even at night my heart instructs me.

One privilege those who have come to the Lord enjoy is the Heavenly Father's leading. He leads us by His Holy Spirit, thus we would not be put to shame.

Psalm 16:8
 I have set the LORD always before me: because [he is] at my right hand, I shall not be moved.

Isaiah 26:3
Thou wilt keep [him] in perfect peace, [whose] mind [is] stayed [on thee]: because he trusteth in thee.

This is a contrast to those who reject the Lord, those who feel they could get help from somewhere else, doing those things that the Lord abhors:

Psalm 16:4
 Their sorrows shall be multiplied [that] hasten [after] another [god]: their drink offerings of blood will I not offer, nor take up their names into my lips.

For any pact with the enemy is already to the human's loss, for the enemy seeks no good thing for anyone.

 John 10:10
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have [it] more abundantly.

For God's promise to us is both in this life and the life to come:

Psalm 16:9-11
Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.
 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence [is] fulness of joy; at thy right hand [there are] pleasures for evermore.

So we rest in Him.

Psalm 16:5
The LORD [is] the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot.

Psalms 16:5(Message)
My choice is you, God, first and only. And now I find I'm your choice!

Glory to God.

He calls us blessed.

Love
@the watcher

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES