I HAVE CHOSEN MY PATH (Psalm 26)

Psalms 26:2
Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart.

There is this continual argument over grace and law. Does one stay without the other? No matter what the argument is, the right thing is always to settle for what the scripture teaches.

What is your grace for? Is it a licence to sin? Let us hear from the apostle of grace himself:

Romans 6:1&2
What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

And again:

Romans 8:13
 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Colossians 3:5
Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:

Grace allows you to make the right choice, just as David said:

Psalm 26:3&4
 For thy lovingkindness [is] before mine eyes: and I have walked in thy truth.
 I have not sat with vain persons, neither will I go in with dissemblers.

It is a miss-normal to be a recipient of grace and still be in bondage of sin:

Romans 6:15-17, 22-23
What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
 For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

For grace delivers you from disobedience to bring you into obedience. I do not thrive to keep the law, I have a righteousness higher than the law:

Matthew 5:20
For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed [the righteousness] of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

I do not just obey ordinances, I have my heart focused on the Lord thus all my intentions and actions please the Lord. This is the true power of the Holy Spirit.

Titus 2:11-15
For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
 These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.

This is what grace does not contrary wise.

Thus I love, yet I will not be found in the gathering of evil doers:

Psalm 26:4-5
I have not sat with vain persons, neither will I go in with dissemblers.
 I have hated the congregation of evil doers; and will not sit with the wicked.

How will I bring true worship if I am yet in bondage of sin?

Psalm 26:6-7&12
 I will wash mine hands in innocency: so will I compass thine altar, O LORD:
That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works.
My foot standeth in an even place: in the congregations will I bless the LORD.

NEVER GET IT TWISTED

Choose your path wisely. There is only one path for the believer and it lies in righteousness.

Don't get carried away, if you walk in grace, you walk in righteousness.

He calls us blessed.

Love
@the watcher.

Comments

  1. I can do all things in Christ Jesus, who gives the power. It is written that whoever is truly under the control of the holy spirit, sin not. May the spirit of God through Christ Jesus keep guiding our ways and doings

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES