I GIVE MYSELF AWAY

John 13:37
Peter said to Him, "Lord, why can I not follow You now? I will lay down my life for Your sake."

Especially at the instance of the new birth, many are enthusiastic, filled with so much zeal and willingness to serve, however through a period of time that zeal is not that strong any more. Few are found who are still vibrant, wholly committed and ready to lay down their life.

What happened?

They faced the reality, the temptations and the test in our present world.

* How many can truly leave father, mother, children, friends, family and follow?

* How many can do without self esteem and prestige?

* How many can say NO to mammon?

* How many have truly killed the flesh and all its lust?

* How many have studied to show themselves approved, that they would not be easily turned left or right.

* How many are humble enough to correct their errors and make amends even if they have erred in their earlier teachings and lifestyle?

* How many can submit totally to the Holy Spirit?

. . .

What was the Messiah's response to Peter in John chapter thirteen:

John 13:38
Jesus answered him, "Will you lay down your life for My sake? Most assuredly, I say to you, the rooster shall not crow till you have denied Me three times.

Many have entered into business contracts and deals without having full details of what it entails, the regret afterwards when they see the "however(s)".

Christ did not work with us that way, He laid all the cards on the table:

John 16:33
"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."

The good news is that He will be with us all the way for He dwells in us by His Holy Spirit. Halleluyah

Next time we sing that song "I give myself away", let us understand what we mean?

Christ is asking us:

Do you love me more than THIS?

John 21:15-17

He calls us blessed.

Love
@the watcher

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES