WHAT DID I SAY?

Matthew 12:35-37
A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

One of the most difficult part of man's maturity is to control the "tongue", however herein lies salvation and also destruction.

What you say tells me what you believe and how matured, intelligent, informed and/or experienced you are.

Christ in Matthew 12:36 tells us how important it is to control our tongue that we may not with our mouth bring condemnation to ourselves.

James further writes:

James 1:26, 3:6
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless.
And the tongue [is] a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.

The tongue(what we say) is one of the most difficult part to master in ones christian journey. However the Holy Spirit is here to help us. Glory.

Even I who write cannot boast of having the tongue fully tamed. However today I am instructed, I receive grace to. (Help me Lord)

One thing I have observed is that if we can control how we eat, we can easily control what its instrument(the mouth) says. Selah

We must be careful how we use our mouth, for we cannot praise God with our mouth and from the same mouth bring forth curses, lies and evil jesting.

James 3:10
 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

Help me Spirit of the Living God!

Psalm 141:3
Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips.

We must purpose that our mouth will not transgress.

Psalm 17:3
Thou hast proved mine heart; thou hast visited [me] in the night; thou hast tried me, [and] shalt find nothing; I am purposed [that] my mouth shall not transgress.

Ephesians 4:29(NLT)
Don’t use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.

HELP ME LORD!

Prayer: Lord thank you for the gift of my lips, I pray according to your word, touch my lips and let it give fruit only to your word. Amen.

Jeremiah 1:9
Then the LORD put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the LORD said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth.

Halleluyah, the Lord's name be praised.

He calls us blessed.

Love
@the watcher.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES