ALL PRAYERS ANSWERED

1John 5:14 
And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

When applications are written, i.e.,for a job placement some end the letter with a phrase like "expect to receive your response soon". Others understanding that "No" is also a response, go further to express it this way "expect to receive your positive/favourable response soon". 

We have been taught that when we pray a prayer of request, we expect either of three answers "Yes", "No" or "Wait". 

However what should be the believer's requests criteria is "His will". 

James 4:3 
Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume [it] upon your lusts.

The joy of receiving will only be complete when we dwell in His will. Thus it is most important that we know His will, so that our asking will not be away from His will. We must like the good children we are, understand that the Father's thoughts towards us is of good and not of evil, to give us an expected end. 

Jeremiah 29:11-13 
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.
 And ye shall seek me, and find [me], when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

We must dwell in His will, and to do that we must abide in Him:

John 15:7
 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

And how do we abide? 

By His Word and His Spirit. 

Thus as we plan for the coming year, let us not hover over material or physical claims alone. Let us plan to abide in Him more. Then our requests and meditations will be in His will. 

Let us learn from great men like Joseph and Daniel. Immediately your heart is turned to the will of the Lord, heaven is focused on you. Selah. 

Isaiah 66:2 
For all those [things] hath mine hand made, and all those [things] have been, saith the LORD: but to this [man] will I look, [even] to [him that is] poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

Glory to God. 

We will dwell in God's will. 

Thank God for His Spirit. 

We are blessed. 

Love
@the watcher

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES