THE AFTERLIFE (do read patiently)

John 8:58
Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

So, many book exists, many people have trodden through this earth with one claim or the other. However one claim stands out in all. The one who was before the beginning!

Everything we are is a product of what we believe and accept, whether from what our parents/guardian/teachers taught us, or what we read from books. We yet choose what to believe. This will determine our fate. Selah

The one question has always been "what is the end of man?"
This question is important because it will influence the kind of life we live while we are here in this world.

Many religions belief in the afterlife and have a description of what it entails, however only one man can talk of the afterlife because He is the owner of life and death: Let us listen to Him.

John 11:24-27
Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
 She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.

Jesus the Christ is the resurrection and the life, it will shock many who reject Him today that they would yet stand before Him in the afterlife.

One common thing about the afterlife as preached by many religions is that one is judged according to the works they have done, whether it be good or evil. This fact cannot be denied, however what guarantees eternal life with the Father?

John 14:6
 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Who exactly was Jesus?

A prophet NO!, an Angel, NO!

John 16:28
 I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

John 1:18
No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared [him].

Matthew 16:16-17
And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed [it] unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

John 6:69
And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.

We miss it when we see Jesus in the flesh, how He had to be, to save everyone who believed. However do we know His glory?

This is a glimpse of Jesus:

Colossians 1:16-20
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they be] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all [things] he might have the preeminence.
 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, [I say], whether [they be] things in earth, or things in heaven.

Revelations 1:11 & 18
Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: .
I [am] he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

He calls out to all today, to as many that will open up to Him that they would not be debased in judgment in the afterlife:

Revelation 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

It has pleased God that all judgment should be by His Son:

John 5:22-29
 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:
That all [men] should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.
 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

David saw a glimpse of this: so he wrote:

Psalm 2:7, 11-12
 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou [art] my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
 Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish [from] the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed [are] all they that put their trust in him.

WHAT A HORROR TO ENTER THE AFTERLIFE WITHOUT RECEIVING SALVATION, WHICH IS IN CHRIST JESUS!

However if you have believed in Him and walk in Him. There is no fear of the afterlife.

We are blessed.

Love
@the watcher

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES