LONG LIFE (Isaiah 38)

Isaiah 38:5
Go, and say to Hezekiah, Thus saith the LORD, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will add unto thy days fifteen years.

We need to understand that God's desire for us is to enjoy him in a redeemed nature. Our lives are meant to be lived gloriously with Him forever.

John 14:3
 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, [there] ye may be also.

However while Jesus tarries we are expected to "occupy till I come"

Luke 19:13.
And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.

Thus we have to live here doing business that we may have heavenly reward.

Luke 16:11
If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true [riches]?

Thus we desire long life not just to idle away but to invest in good work, fulfil purpose, enjoy the brethren, mentor more believers and enjoy the glory of God.

And God is the one who can grant this:

So He declared to Hezekiah:

Isaiah 38:5
 Go, and say to Hezekiah, Thus saith the LORD, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will add unto thy days fifteen years.

Today we receive this promise of God prophesied to us through David:

Psalm 91:16
With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

Halleluyah

We are blessed

Love
@the watcher

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES