LET IT BE THE LORD (Isaiah 8)

Isaiah 8:5 - 6
The LORD spake also unto me again, saying,
Forasmuch as this people refuseth the waters of Shiloah that go softly, and rejoice in Rezin and Remaliah's son;

The urge to reach out to that which is not from the Lord, it could be from fear or from impatience. No matter what it is, we could rope ourselves into more oppressors.

Isaiah 8:7-8
Now therefore, behold, the Lord bringeth up upon them the waters of the river, strong and many, [even] the king of Assyria, and all his glory: and he shall come up over all his channels, and go over all his banks:
And he shall pass through Judah; he shall overflow and go over, he shall reach [even] to the neck; and the stretching out of his wings shall fill the breadth of thy land, O Immanuel.

The Lord is merciful why should we place ourselves at the mercy of man or the evil one.

No matter how fearful it looks or how urgent it seems, we must put our trust in God.

Isaiah 8:11
For the LORD spake thus to me with a strong hand, and instructed me that I should not walk in the way of this people, saying,

This is why the people of Judah faced so much oppression, they just could not totally put their trust in God.

We would not make the same error, we will trust in the Lord.

2 Samuel 22:3
The God of my rock; in him will I trust: [he is] my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.

Psalm 9:10
And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

Psalm 20:7
 Some [trust] in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.

Psalm 56:11
In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me.

Isaiah 12:2
 Behold, God [is] my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH [is] my strength and [my] song; he also is become my salvation.

Hebrew 2:13
And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

Isaiah prophesied it, Hebrews re-prophesied it "Our trust must be on the Lord"

He will not fail, He will not take advantage of us, He is merciful and loving, don't get carried away, TRUST IN THE LORD!

Halleluyah, the Lord's name be praised.

Love
@the watcher

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES