WE DO NOT DWELL IN SIN

Romans 8:12
Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

The argument of whether salvation can be lost or not is really a great one. However my advice is that we must search the scriptures properly and listen properly in the Spirit before we declare. (let me leave it to my spiritual elders for now).

One thing I have learnt is not to teach personal experience but the word of God, I am not the saviour, I am one of the mouthpiece of the Saviour, thus we are brethren, we follow Christ. He teaches us, directs us, loves us and will transform us. Our assurance is that where He is, we will be also.

John 14:3
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, [there] ye may be also.

Our instruction is to live after the spirit and not the flesh(sin), the flesh brings death but the spirit brings life.

Here there is no argument, if I am of God, I live by the spirit, I live a life of righteousness. Sin is foreign to me, I abhor it, I am never happy or comfortable with it. It is no longer my nature.

Romans 6:6
Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with [him], that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Romans 6 : 12 & 13
Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
 Neither yield ye your members [as] instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members [as] instruments of righteousness unto God.

Our nature is of God's Spirit, thus we bear His fruit:

Galatians 5 : 22, 23 & 25
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Thus we must live according to who we are WE ARE NOT HYPOCRITES!

Matthew 7:20
Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

So to me and all believers we live in holiness, not in sin. We do not dwell in sin but in righteousness. We are like our Father.

"Dear Father please keep us that have believed, may we always dwell in your righteousness, may all our weaknesses be turned to strength."

Thank you Lord.

Welcome to a new month, fresh grace we receive. Halleluyah.

Love
@the watcher

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES