DO YOU KNOW WHY I PRAISE?

Psalms 26:7
That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works.

Psalms 30:11
 Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness;

She was born into royalty, her father was the king. She did not know what it meant to look for food to eat, to be rejected as a bastard child by one's father and be left to cater for sheep. He was not even called when the other son's were called for one of them to be anointed. Spear was thrown at him, by the one he came to bring healing to. He had to face a lion and a bear, yet the Lord gave him victory. He had to face one of the greatest giants who ever lived, Goliath and the Lord gave him victory. He had to hide in caves to run away from a king who wanted his head.

This is the story of Michal and David. She did not know why he, who was now king, danced and gave thanksgiving to God in such vile a way in front of all his subjects.

She had no idea what he had been through. She could not relate with the suffering, the pain and then the deliverance. She was Saul's daughter, a lady born into wealth and servants and maid servants, she did not know what it meant to serve others, to be cheated of what is rightfully yours. To fight for what to eat.

2Samuel 6 :20 - 22
 Then David returned to bless his household. And Michal the daughter of Saul came out to meet David, and said, How glorious was the king of Israel to day, who uncovered himself to day in the eyes of the handmaids of his servants, as one of the vain fellows shamelessly uncovereth himself!
 And David said unto Michal, [It was] before the LORD, which chose me before thy father, and before all his house, to appoint me ruler over the people of the LORD, over Israel: therefore will I play before the LORD
 And I will yet be more vile than thus, and will be base in mine own sight: and of the maidservants which thou hast spoken of, of them shall I be had in honour.

Do you remember how the Lord has brought you thus far?

Can you recall the so many near misses, when death came calling and God said, not yet?

Do you recall all the mistakes and errors you made, yet God said, I forgive you, you are my child?

Do you know how many times the Lord has fought for you and you had no idea that there was a battle going on?

What of your family(s), your business, your job, your ministry, do you know all God has done for you?

Psalms 5:11
But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee

David rejoiced and praised God, he was a man with testimony.

Psalms 35:27
Let them shout for joy, and be glad, that favour my righteous cause: yea, let them say continually, Let the LORD be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.

We should even rejoice more than David.

Why?

He does not just see us as servants anymore but as friends

John 15:15
Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

Get up from that despair, let go of that worry.

Praise, give thanks like never before.
No one knows what you have been through, all the victories God has given you.

Give Him glory, honour and praise.

Glory to God.

Halleluyah!

Love.
@ the watcher

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAINTAIN A GODLY MARRIAGE

Remember: God is in control.

NEEDLESS BATTLES